#1 2016-02-04 21:33:41

abhaymin

Offline Cordova App on App Builder & SQLite

Hi David,

I am trying to develop offline application on top of Cordova when came across your IDE/UI customization on Cordova's website. I have some queries as follows before I deep dive into this application:

1) My data-store is to be in SQLite, hence is there a way to connect using plugin by LiteHelper's called Cordova-sqlite-storage (https://github.com/litehelpers/Cordova-sqlite-storage) within the application is there any support for cordova plugins will in design-time & debugging?
2) Can I use third-party Java-Script for mapping like "OpenLayers 3" (https://github.com/openlayers/ol3) and how do I use it within App Builder?
3) Can use Graph & Reports component on a complete offline mode?
4) Can use ASP.Net Web Service instead of PHP ones?
5) Is it also possible to use other UI interface like Ionic & Onsen UI instead of BootStrap?

Just curiosity, I see your using AngularJS within compiled output directory. What version of AngularJS.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhay Menon.

#2 2016-02-04 21:44:58

David
Admin
Website

Re: Offline Cordova App on App Builder & SQLite

Hello Abhay,

I will try to answer your questions, but, please, carefully read the program's help, since most of the topics you touch are refered there.

1º You can use Cordova plugins not included out of the box in App Builder. Take a look at the "CordovaPlugins" sample application and the app's options dialog, particularly to the Cordova tab. Here we can reference to plugin's IDs or use the Batch Extra commands if we need too (for more complex plugin's reference).

2º I think so. You can use the app's files manager to include the scripts files you want to used. Then, you can use an HTML Content control to put the HTML you need. To play with the refered library Javascript API you can use any app, view or control event, just by put your Javascript code between the "StartJS" and "EndJS" actions. Take a look at the External app sample.

3º You can extend App Builder using HTML and Javascript, so, if your graphs and reports exposes their API (offline or online) then, in principle, you can achieve with that.

4º App Builder produces client side applications and in fact they are abstracted from the server side, so no matter if you use ASP.net, Pyhon, PHP or whatever you wanted.

5º Maybe you can do it, however, I choose the Bootstrap CSS framework, so, it's more easy if you are happy with that. Remember the ability of App Builder to include various Bootstrap themes in your application, and also the way to include your own stylesheets and CSS code.

About the last question: App Builder uses right now the 1.4.9 version of AngularJS.

Hope this can help you in some way. And thanks for your interest in App Builder Abhay.

#3 2016-02-05 14:21:09

abhaymin

Thank David for details I shall tryout the application. Is there possibility for date control on App Builder interface?

#4 2016-02-05 19:03:45

David
Admin
Website

Hello Abhay,

Currently there is not a calendar control or something like that. Probably in the near future, but I need to study various things before. However, App Builder integrates various Datetime related actions: take a look at the DateTime app sample, which include something like a "date picker".

Update: Take a look at this thread: Is that a way to Pop-up a calendar to let user chose a date?

Board footer