#1 2016-09-12 08:04:29

JaspaWhiskey

Bootstrap Rows and Columns

Hi

I am evaluating AppBuilder and I am very happy with what I see, it truely is a great tool.
My only question is I cannot figure out how to perform layout with Rows and Columns provided by Bootstrap.
I am specifically looking to want to design a webapp with AppBuilder if it can do what I want.

I have create a Row/Column layout with the HTML Control but I cannot seem to "embed" any components in it.
Is there a way to have a layout like this and still use the WYSIWYG designer, specifically I am trying to create an app bar with buttons right aligned and logo left aligned and have found Columns the best way to achieve this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated during my evaluation.

#2 2016-09-12 08:21:13

David
Admin
Website

Re: Bootstrap Rows and Columns

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your interest in my work. App Builder doens't use the Bootstrap CSS framework "grid" to positioning the controls on the screen. They simply uses another approach. We can use the "scale" app's option or not, we can positioning the elements using "SetStyle" or CSS stylesheets.

If we use a bit of Javascript maybe we can prepare certain layout inside an HTML control and then get the controls (HTML) and place it inside the appropiate row/column. However, I am not quite sure if this can work as expected (after the controls are quited/added) and requires some checks.

#3 2016-09-12 08:24:38

JaspaWhiskey

Thank you for the very speedy response.

That is a shame that not all bootstrap components are readily available.
Is there a recommended way to create an app bar like the one I suggested (for example buttons to the right of screen and logo on the left) without having to hack away a lot of custom CSS?

#4 2016-09-12 08:26:37

David
Admin
Website

Hello Jason,

JaspaWhiskey wrote:

Thank you for the very speedy response.

That is a shame that not all bootstrap components are readily available.
Is there a recommended way to create an app bar like the one I suggested (for example buttons to the right of screen and logo on the left) without having to hack away a lot of custom CSS?

Maybe you can try with the HTML control. Yes; certainly we don't have all the Bootstrap CSS componentes. On the other hand we have dozens of others componentes, not necessary part of the Bootstrap CSS framework.

DecSoft's App Builder is better oriented to webapp and not websites or webpages. You can do it, of course, but maybe it's not the right tool for you or requires a bit more work. You must consider this too.

Anyway, you can use the Bootstrap grid layout related classes (row, col) in the DecSoft's App Builder HTML Content and Report controls. In fact some of the Report samples included by the program already shown that.

You can search for "grid" in the program's samples dialog: Menu -> File -> Samples

Board footer