#26 2016-06-23 11:38:09

David
Admin
Website

Re: [FIXED] Do have problems with Android 6 ?

Hello,

reg4app wrote:

David,you are really working with enthusiasm, that impress me very much!:)

Thanks Joshua!

#27 2016-06-23 11:41:11

David
Admin
Website

Hello Samuel,

svanneste wrote:

Hi there (and especially Sir David),
Spent a lot of time debugging the issue : the behavior is not (and absolutely not, consistent). So, I am currently testing all what the Dialogs and controls do.

And for the moment, I can say that from a well designed View, I have got a blank one after having inserted a timer in the Resume event of that view.
https://s2.applicateur.fr/screenshot.png
No reason not to be enthusiastic...

About this latest problem, what happend if you run the application using the debugger? Some error appear?

On the other hand, what happend if you build the application sample "as is", without modifications? Because it's not possible app sample works if I build it and don't work if you build it, except if something in your environment is not completely correct: the Cordova version, the Android SDK API version, the installed Location plugin, etc. I think that the console output of the Cordova build process may can help here.

#28 2016-06-23 11:47:30

David
Admin
Website

Hello again,

Another thing Samuel, can you provide me your app sample, so I can take a look and also try to build it here?

#29 2016-06-23 11:47:57

svanneste

David wrote:

Because it's not possible app sample works if I build it and don't work if you build it, except if something in your environment is not completely correct

Hello David,
I do absolutely agree and that what I am trying to find.

#30 2016-06-23 11:52:10

svanneste

David wrote:

Another thing Samuel, can you provide me your app sample, so I can take a look and also try to build it here?

Sorry to spend your time (reason why I was trying to solve the issue by myself) but if you would like to download the project

#31 2016-06-23 15:25:26

David
Admin
Website

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for providing your app sample. I am investigating what can happend here, since I also experiment some problems with that. I will inform here about any progress.

#32 2016-06-23 17:01:05

David
Admin
Website

Hello Samuel,

Ok. Finally I found the problem and the cause of your "white screen" application. There is a bug in App Builder that, not only cause the app's Resume event never be executed, but also the "white screen" behaviour if we try to use such app's event. Sorry for the inconveniences...

The problem is fixed now and App Builder has been updated, so please, upgrade your program copy. Finally I can test your application and they works as expected Samuel. Just a couple of things to consider:

1º Probably the Min SDK (Cordova -> Android options) no need to be Android 6, but Android 4, for example. Just think that if you put Android 6 for the Min SDK then any other older Android can run the application, but why? Our applications can run from Android 4.0, so this probably must be the Min SDK.

2º Are you sure you need to specify the Java and other related paths? Remember there is optional and these paths can be leave "in blank" without problems. Of course if you really need to use that options, then go ahead: in fact if you can build your application, then probably you can continue using the paths as you setup in the attached application

#33 2016-06-23 17:12:07

svanneste

Hello Sir David,
Thanks a lot for all the bests efforts you provided to fix

Ok. Finally I found the problem and the cause of your "white screen" application. There is a bug in App Builder that, not only cause the app's Resume event never be executed, but also the "white screen" behaviour.

I do confirm it is working perfectly great now.

Probably the Min SDK (Cordova -> Android options) no need to be Android 6, but Android 4, for example.

You are absolutely right and I tried many configurations trying to find why the location wasn't got, that I probably missed that point for the example provided. Sorry.

Are you sure you need to specify the Java and other related paths?

You are right too : I put them while trying to identify why it was not working. Sorry again. I wasn't sure I was using the right Android SDK and Java version (thought to go to the 32 bits to have the same configuration you have).

Now the good news : I don't know if you have touched that point but the Location is acquired. In some cases it doesn't refresh Label1 (probably when the Timer is waiting or Ticking (I have to investigate)).
But it is working. Thanks again David

#34 2016-06-23 17:14:47

David
Admin
Website

Hello Samuel,

Glad to know sir! About the "non refreshing label", please, try to call the "ApplyModel" action just after set the variable in the Location Success event. Something like:

// Location success event

SetVar "[MyLabel]" "Here my text" "String"

ApplyModel

#35 2016-06-23 17:22:57

svanneste

Again, it was that (I will have to return to read the Help file because I wouldn't have thought about that). BiG  THANK YOU David
fireworks_2749378k.jpg

#36 2016-06-23 17:29:51

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

You're welcome Samuel! Always thanks to you. smile

Board footer