#1 2016-05-19 08:32:52

hillolvai

HTML Compiler - The exe file ain't run on other device

i recently packed one of my html project with your html compiler. the entire project was in localhost and i had to keep my wamp server on, while working on the project. otherwise Html compiler just shows an error of page not found. I tried the exe file on ther device, still it shows webpage not available. I think the problem is html compiler's iexplorer engine calls http://localhost/project each time i open the exe file. Just because of Wamp server is not available or turned off, the error shows up!
i hope you understand my issue.
if you have any further query please inbox!
i ned your help urgent!!!

#2 2016-05-19 08:54:12

David
Admin
Website

Re: HTML Compiler - The exe file ain't run on other device

Hello hillolvai,

First of all thanks for your interest in my work at HTML Compiler. I never hear about a similar problem before. Normally we no need to deal with a localhost server, and, if we need that, of course the server must be setup in order to allow our application work. But, again, HTML Compiler does not need a localhost server at all, that depends on the application enterely.

#3 2016-05-19 09:03:48

hillolvai

This is what i get, when I run the exported exe on other device, or without wampserver running on my device.
http://prntscr.com/b5t6yv

#4 2016-05-19 09:11:06

hillolvai

and this is a screenshot from my projects main js file. here i used localhost while developing the site. is this the reason of the error?
http://prntscr.com/b5t8yo

#5 2016-05-19 09:11:21

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

The error looks like if the localhost server is not running. But again, HTML Compiler does not need any localhost server. What HTML Compiler wanted is the "index.html" of your site, and, in order to show that file, HTML Compiler not need any server.

P.S. The problem is without doubt the script you are using. They want to connect to a localhost server that of course must be ready for use.

#6 2016-05-19 09:16:15

hillolvai

yeah I also think my javascript is causing the problem. I've attached a screenshot on #4, would you mind to take a look?

#7 2016-05-19 09:22:04

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

I am very sorry, but I don't have time right now to look at your Javascript code. Well. In fact I have only a partial captured image of the Javascript. If you can provide an small application in order to test it, I will try to take a look. You can attach the application in this thread or send me to info@davidesperalta.com.

#8 2016-05-20 16:09:53

hillolvai

A small query, does your application supports ajax?
i mean if I compile a site or web application which contains ajax, will it run standalone? because as far I know ajax needs a server(localhost or live) to run.

#9 2016-05-20 18:32:11

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

Please, use new threads for new questions, so we maintain the forum clean and well ordered. HTML Compiler don't support AJAX for local files. You can use AJAX if the files are remotelly stored. And you can also use external Javascript functions provided by HTML Compiler like "appReadFile" and "appWriteFile". Also is possible to use "Templates". Please take a look at the "ReadFile" and "Template" samples included by the program's installation.

Board footer