#26 2016-03-27 20:30:59

tin

Re: {Solved} Missing Generated *.bat Files

I have this problem yesterday.Before that happen
1.I checked at "window" bat file in cordova tab.
2.I click window bat to compile.Cordova say some error(didnot find some component to build).
3.I rebuild again with app builder.It say some error and connot build(some error about missing css,didnot capture it)
4.I try to delete compile folder
5.I close and open App builder again.It can build no error but no bat file generate.

I fix it by debug project and take some event(click buttom, change view) and try to build again.Now It generate bat file.
Don't know what happened,but this fix may help someone.
(next time if App builder say error I will capture it)

#27 2016-03-27 20:41:34

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

I can't here the right environment for the Windows platform, however, trying to follow your steps, unfortunatelly I can't reproduce the error. Note that the Debug button (F9) does not create the BAT files, since they are not needed to debug the application in App Builder. The BAT files are generated when we use the Build button (F8). Maybe this is what happend when you don't get ready the BAT files?

On the other hand any error message can be good here tin.

#28 2016-03-27 20:51:25

tin

David wrote:

Hello,

I can't here the right environment for the Windows platform, however, trying to follow your steps, unfortunatelly I can't reproduce the error. Note that the Debug button (F9) does not create the BAT files, since they are not needed to debug the application in App Builder. The BAT files are generated when we use the Build button (F8). Maybe this is what happend when you don't get ready the BAT files?

On the other hand any error message can be good here tin.

No,David.I know that debug not gen bat.
I mean I click "build"buttom. It not gen bat file.So I try to debug and make some event and stop it."Build" again now bat file generate.

I will capture next time david.
thanks.

#29 2016-03-27 23:34:02

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

Waiting for the error capture, which probably can help here. Certainly the "Build" button must creates the BAT files, and, in fact they works like expected here: there is no reason (I can imagine right now) to work in one case and not in other...

#30 2016-04-11 08:56:05

tin

I found bug.
1.I create App by "checked" at IOS platform in cordova tab and not "checked" at "create cordova config file"
2.debug and then build,no bat file.
3.I "checked" at "create cordova config file"
4.debug and then build,no bat file.
5.I "checked" at android (So,now I checked 3 checked box IOS , Android and create cordova config file)
6.debug and then build,tadaa! bat file generate.

#31 2016-04-11 12:40:05

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

Maybe is a design error (may the "BAT files" checkboxes must be disabled) because BAT files have non sense if the configuration file does not exists. At least this is the App Builder behaviour: if the config file is not created, then the BAT files are not created too. In fact this is true, because Cordova uses such config file.

So I really don't know what to do. Maybe I can disable the "Bat files" checkboxes if the "Config file" checkbox is not checked. Or allow the creation of BAT files even when the config file is not ready (?). Anyway, remember we must save the application changes and uses "Build", not "Debug", since this last never creates BAT files.

#32 2016-04-11 18:54:42

tin

Another thing for reminder.If you config it and still not press save button,then build the app.It will not build(because it use config that not save before) big_smile

#33 2016-04-11 19:46:43

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

tin wrote:

Another thing for reminder.If you config it and still not press save button,then build the app.It will not build(because it use config that not save before) big_smile

It's correct. Debug (F9) save the application (if modified) before compile but Build (F8) do not save the application before compile, even if they is modified.

#34 2016-04-18 16:44:21

edunt

Hi David,

Back to same issue as before after update:

[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\index.html"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\styles\default.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\styles\builder.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\styles\fixed.css"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\scripts\builder.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\scripts\app.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\cordova.js"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\builder\fonts\digital-7-mono.ttf"
[n] Resolved "C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\New App 1_Compiled\www\app\views\View1.html"

#35 2016-04-18 19:27:17

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

Certainly, right now I see here some "rare" things about this question... I am looking at that right now.

#36 2016-04-18 20:02:31

David
Admin
Website

Hello,

2016.107 (04/19/2016)

* Fix an introduced error in the previous release which causes the Cordova's config.xml and Batch files are not created like expected. The problem is due to the App Builder uses the old XML configuration, then they can't read the new configuration. Thanks Ade!

#37 2016-05-04 17:28:29

svanneste

Hello David,
My turn not being able to generate .bat files (#2016.113). Trying to uninstall and reinstall all...
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (as you already knew)

#38 2016-05-04 17:31:38

David
Admin
Website

Hello Samuel,

Please, "re-check" the app's options. Some releases before I made certain changes that cause the loss of Cordova's options. Since the BAT files are well generated here (using the last release) probably the problem is what I say with the options. So check the options (generate "config.xml", generate "Android" BAT), save the application and compile it again.

Tell me if this works or you continue having problems.

#39 2016-05-04 17:36:19

svanneste

Hello David,
You were right : it has fixed, I had misunderstood the things. Thanks a lot for your support smile

#40 2016-05-04 17:37:08

David
Admin
Website

You're welcome. Sorry for the inconveniences Samuel. smile

Board footer