#1 2016-11-10 13:23:38

Kasito
Banned

How do retrieve a device IME number and show in text label

I am thinking it's possible to retrieve a phone or tablet IME to use in app builder, just wondering if such is possible.   An example will really be nice.

#2 2016-11-10 13:29:49

David
Admin
Website

Re: How do retrieve a device IME number and show in text label

Hello Kasito,

Are you tried with the Device's related actions? In particular the "DeviceID" action may can be enough for you. Take a look at the "Device" app sample. If you want to go a little more ahead, maybe this Cordova's plugin can be useful for you. Take a look at the Cordova's Plugins help tutorial and also the "CordovaPlugins" app sample and/or the "SendSMS" app sample.

#3 2016-11-10 14:37:33

Kasito
Banned

Yes. I have looked at the Device ID sample but the manual is not sure is they are unique in all cases.  I need something that I will be sure of its uniqueness.  I have even tested the Device ID which works well but my fear is what the manual said about Device ID not been unique in all cases.

#4 2016-11-10 14:42:07

David
Admin
Website

Hello Kasito,

Take a look at the official documentation of the Cordova's Device plugin and, in particular, to the ID that this plugin retrieve. On the other hand, maybe you can use a "hash" by join various device's information like the ID, model, etc. You can use the "StrHash" action to do that.

Something like this:

DeviceId "[DeviceID]"
DeviceModel "[DeviceModel]"
DeviceVersion "[DeviceVersion]"

StrHash "[DeviceID][DeviceModel][DeviceVersion]" "SHA-512" "[DeviceHash]"

// Optionally
SubStr "[DeviceHash]" "0" "30" "[DeviceHash]"

AlertBox "[DeviceHash]" "info"

I am not completely sure, but, probably such "hash" can be considerated more or less unique Kasito.

Board footer